Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It Pays to Follow the 'Rules' When Playing the "Lose Weight" game




Oh my goodness! Who would have thought that following a few simple rules for eating could speed my weight loss progress! Thank you Bob Greene from "My Best Life Ever"!


Here are the rules for losing weight that he suggests we abide by.  I dropped another pound in two days following these rules. (Total weight loss of 13.5 since Sept. 5).


  •  Rule 1: Don't eat after 7:30pm.
  •  Rule 2: Exercise 30 min. a day. 
  •  Rule 3: Drink lots of water. 
  •  Rule 4: Switch to Low-fat Dairy, 
  •  Rule 5: No EMOTIONAL EATING. 
  •  Rule 6: Ask Am I REALLY HUNGRY? 
  •  Rule 7: No Soda,
  •  Rule 8: No Alcohol. 
  •  Rule 9: No fried foods. 
  •  Rule 10. No trans fats. 

And I thought I was 'stuck'. These rules are great!  Visit him at The Best Life Blog.

What I love best is that he addresses the heart of why we are overweight--over eating and emotional eating and challenges us to really focus on this. Why do we eat more than we should? My solution is simple...take all of that stress, discouragement, or even the desire to 'reward' myself with food..to the Lord. Eating is a bad way to comfort myself! What do you think?


xo
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment