Saturday, January 14, 2012

The difference a month makes

Thirty days isn't that long as a time but that doesn't mean that big things can't happen. A month ago today I was at the allergist staring at this massive list of things I can't eat. I simply asked the Dr. what I was supposed to eat..he had no idea. Thanks. And so started the venture to eliminated all allergens from my diet. I didn't think I'd changed that much until just now as I looked at how effortlessly I had just gone through my morning. So what changed?

Breakfast then: tea with loads of chemical filled  "non-dairy" (dairy and soy filled) creamer and a bowl of store brand sugar coated cereal with banana and almond milk. Seemed okay at the time and I validated the sugar splurge with telling myself I ate health every other meal.

Breakfast now: tea with almond milk and either oatmeal with fresh fruit and honey or an organic egg on homemade whole-wheat toast (no egg or butter in the recipe, just a little oil) and maybe a few pieces of natural bacon with a tiny bit of brown sugar added for flavor and a few strawberries.


Lunch then: PB&J on store bread full of chemicals, jelly full of sugar and peanut butter with chemicals and more sugar with a small bag of butter filled (chemical) popcorn. I may even have some fast food if we're in town complete with chemical and sugar filled soda!


Lunch now: Organic pasta with fresh homemade spinach pesto and turkey kielbasa (chemical free) and some homemade lemonade. Fast food is no longer allowed!


Dinner then: Homemade spicy potato soup with fat filled cream, store bought salt and chemical soaked ham bits and chemical sprayed potatoes. This went great with chemical ridden dough goop from a can that baked itself into biscuits.

Dinner now: Baked chicken breast coated with Planko or homemade bread crumbs on organic pasta with organic or homemade spaghetti sauce. No garlic bread needed.

Somehow I managed to lose 85 lbs in about two years by eat my "old ways" but honestly I have no idea how looking back on it. All I did was eat chemicals and fake things!! Even when I did my best to eat healthy, it turns out it was still slowly killing me. No wonder I had to work so hard in my workouts to see a result! So now I'm getting ready to get back into working out and can't help but wonder what the results will be.

2 comments:

  1. Jaime, What a great post. I was in Seattle with poor internet and missed this! I'm sure you will see amazing results by eating clean. Those last few pounds should come right off. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to report that with no exercise at all from both of us and just this new way of eating I'm only 3 lbs from my goal and hubby has lost an amazing 11 lbs...all in one month!

    ReplyDelete