Thursday, May 26, 2011

Trying Again... With Thin Within


Soooo...guess what? Yep, you guessed it... I gained my weight back....after a year of traveling and managing my father's estate. I'd rather say so here than anywhere else! Who else would understand? 

But the great thing is that I'm still counting my blessings and I've learned to eat WAY healthier than I used to. And I'm exercising using a hula hoop..and doing yardwork. (Talk about exhausting!) And I lost four pounds already since I 'got back on track'. 



I've started losing weight again and this book, Thin Within, has been the biggest help. It's just waiting on hunger and stopping when you are full. Simple? Not really, because obedience is never easy.

The fact is that I know in my heart that overeating which the bible talks about in many places is just another sin. Not 'just'..but IS.  As the Lord has been renewing my mind with his word, I've been much more careful about what goes in my mouth.

It's a little harder this week to eat right..and temptations abound when you are eating out..cooking special meals for family...and not paying attention... but I know the Lord will get me through.

I'm starting my food journal again so I can pay better attention to WHEN I eat and WHAT I eat.

How about you? Are you guys still doing well? I know Deb is for sure. :o) She's a real inspiration.

And my dear friend Jaime of Life and Love in the Country is doing great! She posts recipes and her exercise routine regularly! If you want to get inspired..be sure to check out her weight loss journey. :o)


And so is Kylie of REAL FAT! She's so inspiring that my daughter-in-law is following her weight loss program which is similar in that it is based on devotions and scripture too.

What all are you doing to get thin..or stay thin..?  I'd love to hear what you are up to.

Blessings,
Donna @ Comin' Home

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Donna I am SO SO proud of you! I know that number on the scale is a pain to deal with but what matters most is how you feel. I love the idea of using the garden as exercise!Let's hope you start a new trend of skinny people with great flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea!! Love it Jaime. :o) You really are the one who inspired me to 'jump in' again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you!!! Geting back on the wagon is half the battle! That looks like a great book--hope it continues to help as you look to the Lord for strength. Obedience=blessing(even if its not what we thought it would be).

    You are sweet to link to me! :)
    Keelie

    ReplyDelete