Friday, July 15, 2011

Flip the switch and forget the wall

If you've ever truly pushed yourself to your limits then you know what "the wall" is. It's that point in your workout where your body is just shy of giving in..your muscles get tired, your breathing becomes out of rhythm and you start to talk yourself into giving up..yes, that is "the wall". If you push just a little further past that point then you've flipped the switch (as I like to call it). Suddenly you've forgotten the pain you were in, your whole body becomes warm and you have now become a machine on a mission. Your feet are in step with your breathing and even the music in your ears has become background noise that you're out running. All you see is the finish line and before you know it you've overcome every obstacle you thought you had and are victorious!

Today was one of those nights for me. I was not a mom and wife running to erase a long day, I was a machine striving to become more refined in my skill. I was a runner. I'll be sore in morning and at the moment I smell ripe with sweat but it was worth it..I flipped the switch and ran through "the wall".

1 comment:

  1. Jaime, You amaze me with your stamina and determination. It makes me want to run too!

    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete