Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Six pounds lost from my Juicing Fast...and Feeling Great!


Hey friends.  I'm working on my Tuesday Tea post for Comin' Home on Setting Boundaries but wanted to share a quick update on my juice fast. I've got great news! I've lost six pounds in the last week and a half and most of it was due to juicing. Finally...some progress!

I feel so energetic too..not like the first few days. LoL! The decaffeinating process is not fun.  The first few days were (especially the first two) were pretty bad. I started on a Friday thank goodness! That gave me time to lay on the couch ad 'detox'. If you aren't addicted to caffeine it won't be so bad.




The people at Reboot Your Life encourage you to decaffeinate yourself BEFORE starting the fast. This makes sense to me now.  Getting used to not eating depends on how hooked you are on your junk food. I've been through this once, when I started this blog, so I had already changed my eating lifestyle a lot.

 
 Food for one days' juicing. (Not including the am and pm fruit smoothie)

 What's even more exciting is that my dear hubby is feeling better than he has in years just with a couple of glasses of juice a day as a supplement. He's very thin but has bad migraines and this last two years a lot of fatigue. We are hooked!  I also added a glass or two of my juice to my soup. A great way to sneak in some extra vitamins and nutrients. (Do this at the end so you keep the nutrients as fresh as possible.)

By the way, if you are exercising a lot..then you won't be able to fast completely. Their website gives you several plans depending on your lifestyle and activity level.  I wanted to really do the fast completely..so I'm not getting much done..until today..Day 5.

 Fruit Smoothie Ingredients:  First juice the fruit and veges and add one bunch of Kale or Swiss Chard for protein, then blend the juice with bananas in your blender.  This makes two smoothies..one for you..one for hubby. :o)

I feel MUCH more energetic and the headaches from caffeine withdrawal are almost completely gone. I didn't do it cold turkey. I made a pitcher  of tea  each day and changed my 'recipe' from two caffeinated and one de-caf  family size bag..to the opposite..and then none today.

At first, I ate things in between drinks like pieces of avocado, nuts and extra pieces of fruit to keep my energy up, but I didn't need anything yesterday.   My weightloss was pretty minimal at first and then accelerated yesterday when I was able to fast completely.    I was careful to add bananas to today's breakfast since I don't want to lose weight too fast. :o)

Hope you are all doing well too. I was doing awful up until this week.  It was very discouraging to keep gaining and losing the same three pounds! This was just the extra push I needed.

Have a great week everyone!

xo
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment