Friday, July 8, 2011

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead!



Bet that scared you..Huh?  Tee-hee!   Don't worry, I don't feel THAT desperate...but maybe getting closer... Desperate enough to drink THIS....  Actually, it tastes better than it looks. :o)

I know it's been a little while since I posted but I've been on bloggy vacation and am surrounded at this very moment by tax papers. Sigh.. Not the most fun..but it sure will be great when I'm done! :o) I didn't do very well on my eating over the last week or so. It sure doesn't pay to not pay attention! I'm vacillating back and forth in a three pound range.






I was not hopeless of course..but I knew I needed to start writing in my journal again, or I'd be in trouble. Then along came this netflix movie. I think, though I'm not certain, that someone shared the link on Facebook and that's how I stumbled across it.

The title was intriguing to say the least!  How I could relate to the people in this FASCINATING movie!  If you are needing inspiration..then you must watch this movie!  The trailer above is the extended version but you can watch it on instant play on Netflix, which is what I did.  My whole family was impressed with the stories of these two men.


So though I'm not a big fan of excess appliances, my daughter's juicer has been promoted to a spot on the kitchen counter.   I'm going to try just a ten day juice fast...with a few nuts thrown in. Today, Day 1, has been tough because I'm a caffeine addict if ever there was one. Between trips to the bathroom (a natural result of the first few days of detoxing), and headaches from lack of caffeine...this is pretty tough.

But the taste of my juices..even the green one, are really pretty good! Of course, whose going to complain about fruit juice (breakfast), but for lunch I used up some lettuce, several carrots, and zuchinni. I thew in a small piece of watermelon for sweetness. I must say that carrot juice really tastes great! I was surprised. It has a nice nutty flavor.

I thought this little 'fast' might give me a the jump start I need to get back on the healthy eating track. And I really do need to cut out the caffeine. I don't sleep all that well.  I want to feel great..and this looks like a good solution! Be sure to heed their advice about a doctor's evaluation if you want to do the fast more seriously.  How are you all doing with your weight loss journey?

Donna from Comin' Home

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear Donna you always come up with something new for me to investigate. Having Netflix and some time on my hands I'll be sure to watch and blog about this. Not sure about an all juice detox personally but I've been known to do stranger things. How's it working for you?

    FYI- I start 5K training again tomorrow and I couldn't be happier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's working fabulous!!! I've lost six pounds already! I feel like a million dollars..no more allergy pills..no more caffeine. I'm even giving hubby a couple of glasses a day... one fruit and one vege and made soup for him for lunch. Today he woke up without his usual headaches. He has chronic migraines and has felt lethargic for the last two years. Finally I have a way to help him feel better. I always knew it was lack of nutrition. He isn't overweight..but he feels terrible. Today was much better. :o)

    ReplyDelete