Friday, July 9, 2010

Go Go Green Monster!

For those that haven't heard of it..it's a smoothie packed with tons of vitamins and healthy, yummy stuff. I made my first one today (took the idea from my cousin who's a runner) and I'm in love! It cost about a dollar per smoothie for the ingredients.

My Green Monster
2 bananas
1 cup yogurt
1 (10oz) container of frozen sliced strawberries
1 cup fresh Spinach leaves (I'm not a huge spinach fan, you could add more if you are)

Throw it all in the blender til smooth, it's thick! Enjoy! It makes about 3-4 (8oz) servings

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds like a great breakfast drink! I drink one every morning with protein powder, but use greens first. Spinach sounds a little scary. How does it taste?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They taste great! Even my toddler request one with breakfast..if a 2 yr old drinks it, it can't taste that bad.

    PS Protein powder is great as long as you're burning the right amount of calories. If you're not then all you're doing is making yourself bulky instead of lean.

    ReplyDelete