Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A little about me, Countrymama

Hi ya'll!
Donna was sweet enough to let me join this lovely group so I thought I should do a little intro.

I never used to have a weight issue, as a matter of fact when hubby and I met I as lean and in peak physical health thanks to training and diet but these past few years between medications (off them now) and pregnancy my body has completely changed.

I have no idea how to really  lose weight. After having Aiden I just went back to my training roots and it worked, kinda. I lost 75 lbs. the first year but for the last two I've been stuck at the same weight no matter what I do! I know I need to burn off more than I eat and I love working out..just have to force it in the days..the problem is I always end up spending most of the day hungry or bored with my choices of foods thanks to allergy restrictions. I love to run but my body doesn't, yet. I'm using Wii active/fit to ease myself into working out again and walking/jogging outside when I can. Last serious thing I did was a 5K 6 months preggo..he's almost 3 now! I work best with a coach of sorts but a trainer was a waste of time and money as was the gym membership. See, told you I was a mess! Thanks for listening.

Stats:
starting weight: 147.5
goal weight: 120
long term goal: finishing a 5K
short term goal: better self image
plan: using Wii/outside for exercise to work my way up to using P90X. I'm upping my water intake and tracking my calories/diet through Fitday.com just to see what I eat vs. what I burn.

2 comments:

  1. I find that the closer to ideal weight the harder it goes off. I weigh around 128--but hard to get down to the 120!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CountryMama! I'm so glad you are here!! I think Nannykim is right about that. I stayed thin for years but the first time I had to lose weight I did fine until I got to that last 10 or 15 pounds. It was very slow!

    I got down to 120 and it was definitely the 130 to 120 that took the most work. But I have to say that every pound made such a big difference in my appearance that it was worth it.

    I think you are on the right track!

    xo
    Donna @ Comin' Home
    www.thehomemakingarts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete