Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I"m Still Here...I was on vacation!

Hi Country Momma...I"m still here of course. :o)

I've been on vacation and it's the first time I've taken a vacation from blogging for the first time ever since I started in November. I was so nervous to do it to!. Even then I published a couple of posts that I just couldn't keep to myself.

How am I doing..well? I discovered two weeks ago, that I had been accidentally eating sugar in my protein powder. Guess what, after two weeks of that, I started having cravings again. I had sent dear hubby to pick up the whey free powder and this was the result. It never occurred to me to read the label--like a dummy! It had half the protein and tons of carbs. Oops!

Anyway, I have the right stuff now and am doing fine. I lost a pound or so over the last two weeks, but not like I had been.  I'm back on track but am now going to take off dieting for a month (since I've been hard at it for three months. My nutritionist said to take a break so my body doesn't think I'm starving it.  Debra told me to focus on healthy eating for one month. I may lose weight anyway, but the point is to give my body a break.

Today, the day you posted, was our 23rd anniversary and I was determined not to post anything or even look at the computer when dear hubby was wanting my attention.  I know that blogging has to be secondary to life and it's been a hard lesson learned. Yipes!

As it is, I've had nine teenagers at the house all day yesterday and today-(18th birthday bash). The boys all spent the night so I spent the morning cooking a huge breakfast. They are now all at the movies but will be back for 18 hamburgers (grilled by me) at 4pm. Then we are ALL getting dressed up and headed out to go square dancing. Tuesdays are our dance and this is the last chance we have to get new students to sign up. If it doesn't work, we have to cancel our club for the summer and no one wants to do that.  I did post a couple of times on my home blog because that is what was going on in my life at the moment.

I had my first ever piece of pizza and cup of icecream since this blog started. I guess I needed the break -Ha!

But I do hope all is well. I've got an awful lot of clothes to alter--I can say that much. :o) It's a great problem! I've officially lost a total of 20 pounds as of the start of this blog and I am so grateful to all of you for helping us get started.

Love,
Donna @ Comin' Home

1 comment: