Sunday, June 26, 2011

Time to give in..just a little Update!

I've had to give up running for the last week. I didn't think it would be this hard but the truth is, I miss it. I miss the peace, the space..the time dedicated to just me. I feel like I've been robbed of that. I had to give up running,walking, and exercise in general thanks to some very sore ankles. So here it is a week later and last night I geared up and tried to run. A five minute walk,a little sore. A 90 second run,not bad but tender. A three minute walk, went well...then came the three minute run..Nope! Here comes the pain..my heart sank. It was time to give in and accept the fact it was time to see the doctor and hope for the blessing to continue with my training..continue working out in general.


I wish I could say I was optimistic. I'll keep you posted. My stubborn side says push through and train just the same..I'm tempted to listen but I have to be logical at the same time. Talk about arguing with yourself! :)

Update: Monday I start running again!! I have butterflies of excitement just thinking about lacing up my shoes and zoning out of the chaos for awhile. I have a 5K walk/run planned on Aug. 6th  to get myself ready for my event in Sept. I won't finish my C25K program by either event but that's okay..at least I'll be close. It's just about running and enjoying it..nothing else. (although weight-loss would be a nice perk)

1 comment:

  1. Jaime, I think you should listen to that 'gut feeling' that you should stop for a while and see a doctor. You've accomplished so much. If he gives you the go ahead..then that's great. And if not, you may have to find an exercise that goes easy on your ankles. Knowing you, you won't give up. :o) Hang in there!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete