Thursday, June 3, 2010

Something to think about...

I missed our Wednesday weigh in this week. I am happy to announce that I've lost 7 pounds since we first started. I know that may not be a lot, but I am very happy. I have found that the best way for me to lose it to work on increments. Not 5 or 10 pounds but random numbers. When we started, I weighed 169. Which may not seem like a lot of weight, but I am small boned and only 5' tall.

Since I was trying to lose 20 pounds, I kept getting discouraged because I would lose a pound or two then put one back on. So I decided, that 165 would be awesome. I just watched how much I ate of everything and didn't go without anything I love. I just had it in moderation. And before I knew it I had held on at 165 for several days straight. Then I shot for 162. I got to 163 and fluctuated between 163 and 163.5 for about a week or more. So this week I increased my activity. More house work, more cleaning out closets, more outdoors work and Wah Lah! I've been holding at 162 so it's time for my next goal. I'm going to shoot for 159. This way, I'll be out of the 160's.

It may seem a strange way to lose weight, but it works for me.

3 comments:

  1. Bee...this is awesome! I am so glad that you are taking your time loosing the weight :)

    Something I do and works is that I don't step on that scale until the early mornings and once a week! Also, there are times in the month that you would be a bit heavier - mostly water I assure you or if you have eaten a very heavy, full of carb meal the night before.

    Then you will begin to see your true weight!

    Stay the course dear friend :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there's one thing I've discovered it is that I didn't get fat overnight so I'm not going to lose it overnight - but sticking with it despite knowing that is another thing! You are doing great and by setting small but achievable goals you're giving yourself the best chance of reaching your final goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee!! That is super!! I'm so excited for you! That sounds like a great way to keep going

    ReplyDelete