Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Still losing..slowly but surely...

I am so glad that this healthy eating is not only helping me feel better but also lose weight slowly but surely. I haven't had any real battles with temptation. And I look better every day.  Sometimes I see my face in the bathroom mirror at Krogers or Jack in the Box...and I do a double take because I don't even recognize myself. 

Trying on Clothes is Fun Now!   Is there anything more fun than trying on everything in your closet because it all looks so much better and fits better now?  I'm in heaven!..all except the hanging the clothes back up part which I really hate!  It seems like a miracle that I fit back into my size 16 black jeans from seven years ago! God is so good!
It's great to to have so much energy..especially for the grandkids. Not as much energy as the grandkids of course..but a lot more than I used to have!

Well..and hubby..well he's just getting to be a pest. Silly guy! I guess that's the best proof of all. He just grins at me now and it's really so embarrassing! The teens are like.."Aww Come on Dad! Grow up!"

I'm praying that all of you are staying the course too and experiencing victories of one kind or another. How are you all doing? I'd love to hear from you.  Having some struggles? Let us know so we can encourage you and pray for you.  I haven't lost any weight this week..but I've lost more inches and I'm having to pin my clothes on to hold them up!  I've gone down four sizes this month!

Something to consider  My successful weightloss and improvement in my overall health is proof of what happens when you are finally willing to 'die' to the junk food.  It doesn't take lots of self-control...but rather more of a willingness to give up some of the intense pleasures of treats..for food our bodies love and can process in a normal way and use to the best efficiency. I know we all 'LOVE' to eat and to eat certain foods...but is that really the best?

The results...no bloating...ugly bumps...fatigue...allergies...looking and feeling the very best that you can possibly feel...even if you still have a lot to lose.  If you are still struggling with temptation...and haven't tried giving up white flour products and junk food....just remember..It might work for you to!  What can it hurt to give up the 'yummy stuff' for just one little ole' week?  If you find yourself being able to say No to temptation and looking and feeling better than you have in years, wouldn't it be worth it?  It's just a thought... :o)

Would you let your children eat...what you let yourself eat?  For years, I've given myself permission to indulge in ways that I never would have let my children do.  The result? They are thin...I am not. What do I tell them? Too much sweets is bad for you. Veges and lean meat are good for you. You need to eat more fruit. No more soda...Water is better!   Candy and dessert are treats..not to be eaten on a regular basis.  If all of this is true for my kids...how much more so is it not true for us adults?  It's something to think about.

Have a great week!

Donna @ Comin' Home

www.thehomemakingarts.blogspot.com

PS. I'm posting the linky list for this week. Sorry I've been off schedule. Can I plead three grandchildren as my excuse?

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you're sticking to your plan and feeling so much better. I've had some good days and some bad ones...but all in all, I'm doing much better. After the 1 lb gain, I've lost it and another lb. I can't remember what I weighed when we started, but I'm down close to 20 from the beginning of the year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all are so proud of you. My biggest problem is potato chips. Sweet, bread not a problem. Just those potato chips I could eat a whole bag in one setting. Pray that I can give them up for a week. Then maybe I can drop some more pounds.

    ReplyDelete