Sunday, June 19, 2011

Challenging myself to the next step

In order to make the most of my running I need to get in some strength training too. Right now I'm running for half and hour three times a week and it's maintaining my weight but that's not my goal. In order to lose the weight I have to get in at least 5-6 days a week of workouts. So I'm giving myself the challenge of doing strength training through my P90X on the days that I don't run. I tried doing them the same days I ran..nope. Tried doing my 30 Day Shred on my non-run days but all the jumping jacks and such was too much the day after a run. So..this time I'm trying a third option: Mon/Wed/Fri- run  Tues,Thurs./Sat.-strength training Sun: pass out from the weeks' workouts!

It's a lot and I may fail a few times but eventually my body will give in and give me my goal!

1 comment:

  1. Wow..I'm sure that your new plan should work. Don't worry about failing..just keep trying. :o) Every day is a new one. :o)

    You make me want to go run!! (Almost. :o)

    ReplyDelete