Monday, June 20, 2011

Long time....no talk!!!

I went back and checked the last time I posted anything here at "Gettin' Thin....Together", and would you believe that it's been almost exactly a year....to the day.  
It was June 23, 2010!!! Thank you, Ms. Donna, for starting it back up so that we can all be here to support one another and offer advice and tips.

  I wanted to post this today....because tomorrow....is "THE DAY"!!!  
I know we shouldn't put off until tomorrow what we can do today....but since tomorrow is the 21st....and my birthday falls on the 21st (of January)....I thought it would be quite fitting to let June 21st be when I begin this journey once again. 

As I've shared in the past....I've had a weight problem my entire life.  Even at a "normal" weight....it's still a problem in that it always seemed to consume me....physically, emotionally....and even spiritually.  Since my highest weight, I've lost about 60 lbs....loosing 40 of it last year.  I've gained about 7 lbs of that back and want to get back on track before it gets too out of hand.  So...if y'all get a chance....offer up a little prayer for me in the morning.  Loosing weight is hard....and I don't really want it just for me....I truly want it and everything that I do to be for HIS glory.  
And...the way I sometimes eat....certainly brings no glory to HIM at all!!!
:*(

HOPE each of you has a great week....you're in my prayers, too!!!

Blessings to you.....Deb

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Deb! You can do it. We will all be here to cheer you on!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just prayed for you. I pray that you do the same for me as I just started on this journey of seeking to honor the Lord with my body through fitness and eating.

    Please check out my blog when you get a chance! I would love to be a part of a blog community to spur one another on in this. I pray my bog would be an encouragement to you as yours has been to me.

    In His Strength,

    Candice

    ReplyDelete