Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Fitness Pal and Other Helpful WeightLoss Tools

 
Twenty Two years ago..after a year long weight loss journey of 66 pounds.

Well ladies...How's it going? I had one of those busy weeks where you have company and can't pay as close of attention to the eating as you would like. It was non-stop! Dropping people off at the airport..kids coming and going..Mom visiting for several days..and now today I'm picking up two family members-one from the airport and another from friends about 30 minutes away.


I went to write in my food journal and it was dated EXACTLY one week ago. Wow--a whole week and I hardly noticed.  I kept trying to keep track of my calories and food 'in my head'. Result? Gained a pound. Sigh.. But I suppose it could have been worse. :o)



Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


I really love this website, My Fitness Pal, because it has so many helpful tools, one of which is this weight tracker which I plan to put on the sidebar. If you would like to add yours, just set it up, get the code, and email it to me and I'll copy and paste it in. It will keep track automatically, if you are signed up with them.

Mom and I were having a chat this week about the time I lost 57 pounds and kept it off for many years..through three pregnancies. I weighed exactly what I weigh now. How did I lose all that weight?


 


Before my diet 22 years ago.  (Took eight months to lose the weight.)


It was simple..I counted calories...and I wrote down and added in all my 'mistakes'. Seeing it on paper made me careful..every day. I usually ate between 1200 and 1500 calories. I didn't eat healthy food either. I didn't want to have to 'cook twice' so I just ate less of what the family ate.  Eventually, I learned to just stay hungry and I'd stay thin.



Not very exciting, I know..but it did work.  The accountability worked wonders. I also had devotions every day and wrote down what the Lord was showing me on the other side of the notebook. The Lord taught me so much about discipline through that weightloss journey.

 



Now, here I am again...twenty two  years later. It hit me just how 'fail safe' this process was. I still have the chart of my weight loss in my scrapbook. I decided to scan it in and share it with you. You can see that I had plenty of ups and downs over the eight months of my diet.


Mom emailed me this article and it's very   The Truth About Calories. It's something I plan to keep in mind while I track my calories this time around. Guess it's time to make a new chart!  How are you all doing? I hope very much that you didn't gain like me..but the important thing is to keep working at it and keep praying.

  Donna from Comin' Home

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Ms. Donna, I love that first picture of you and your babies! You sure haven't changed much!!! Thanks for all the tips you're sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Deb. I hope you will post soon and share some tips with us ! You've done a great job of losing weight and we can all use all the help we can get!

    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was strange. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit
    my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all
    that over again. Regardless, just wanted to
    say wonderful blog!

    Here is my page :: acai ultra lean review

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    customerhealthguide

    ReplyDelete
  5. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content, so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post.
    Weightlosstop

    ReplyDelete