Thursday, June 16, 2011

Crank the music and press on!

When I started running last week I instantly enjoyed it but this last run something within me changed. Suddenly everything came together. In the middle of my run it was as if something magical happened, I had been transformed. My breathing was calm, my pace was steady and my body was limber.

The world was gone, it was just me, my music and the rhythm of my feet...there were no toddler needs, no bills, no worldly worries..just peace.

From that moment on I knew this was for me. I have never been a jock, I never understood the jocks until now. Now I understand their addiction now for better, faster, more. I finally found a sport that suites me. The competition is merely between me and the clock. I decide how hard to push, how far to go, not someone who has taken one look at me and has the wrong impression. There's no team drama, just a million fellow addicts to running and earning the props that go with it. 

When I run my life becomes simple..I crank the music and push on through the sweat and the muscle burn. At the end of my half hour run (per my training program) I'm soaked in sweat and I feel amazing! Even if I didn't make the time or mile marker I hoped for my body is telling me I gave all I had..and that's all that matters. Even in my exhausted state I'm so fired up that I often toss in some push-ups and sit-ups just for the pleasure of knowing I can. Yes, I'm addicted!

5 comments:

  1. Jaime..This is just so inspiring! I love what you've accomplished and am so proud of you, as I'm sure you are proud of yourself. You should be!

    Ok..so I WILL go square dancing..and press on. I know that in a month..I'll be whirling away without getting out of breath. Music does wonders for your stamina doesn't it?

    Woo-hoo!
    xo
    Donna :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna--dance,dance,dance! Don't worry about being out of breath, your lungs are more forgiving then you think so they'll adjust.

    Deb- You can't get addicted to something if you don't start it. Exercise long enough and you'll see results and that's when the addiction starts..you'll be addicted to looking and feeling amazing in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaime..my other problem is I got out of shape from hooping due to visitors off and on for a month. Then I gave away my bigger easier hoop that I 'got in shape' with.

    So now all I have is the littler hoop that I had worked up to. So my left leg stings like the dickens when I dance. But the music helps me push past the pain..so that is what I will do. :o)

    Thanks!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaime, I got my country music CD the one with lots of upbeat energetic songs out and managed to hoop through the pain because it's just so fun! I had misplaced the cd this month..so I could only focus on the work. With music..I could hoop all night. Square dancing is the same thing. The music makes it all just so fun!

    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete