Monday, June 6, 2011

June Healthy Eating Challenge at Josie's Finding It





Just wanted to post a cheery update! Thanks everyone for the great posts this last week and the encouraging comments. I do hope we can all keep up a little better this time. It certainly helps to have buddies when you are trying to lose weight.


Your ideas have been so great!  Thanks Jaime, Bee, and Deb for weighing in..and thanks so much Keelie and Josie for dropping by.  Your ideas and example have been a great encouragement to all of us.


One especially helpful thing I learned about was Josie at Finding It's Healthy Eating Challenge for June. Keelie posted all about it on her weightloss blog REAL FAT.  I decided to join in by keeping a food diary and it sure seems to be helping.

At first, it seemed that nothing I did was helping as I mentioned last week, but it did work! I've lost 2 pounds this week and lost 2 pounds in the two weeks prior to that. I got off to such a slow start that I almost lost hope. I don't feel 'on top' of this...or on a roll or anything...


BUT--somehow..the myriad of choices to eat something good versus junky...the choices to not eat when I'm not really that hungry...or to pass up a dessert...all those many many choices of whether to take that next bite or not, seem to have added up.

So I am feeling  very encouraged.  I'm literally living from bite to bite. Each time choosing whether or not to eat well..or give in to temptation. If I blow it though, I don't fret. I just get up and face the next bite..with more prayer...and more conscious attention to what is going in my mouth.

Recent successes...driving home at 8:00pm after buying groceries, I put a bag of chips in the front seat to eat on the way home because I was hungry. I started to get in the car...looked at the bag of chips..and thought, "No way.!"  I dug around in the back, pulled out the cherries and replaced the chip bag with them....and smiled! Thank you Lord!

 Oops!!

I had a brownie with whipped cream last night with our visitors while playing Canasta with the kids...but ONLY one!  I also left half my cream of broccoli soup in the bowl because I was full. I even went to bed hungry. My daughter was so proud of me and mentioned it the next morning.

So even though I've eaten some things that weren't healthy...and yes I had some chips this week...I didn't let my 'oops!' derail me. And this morning, the weight loss totally surprised me. The scales haven't moved all week.  I love fast results..but I'm happy to get slow ones. At least it's progress!

 Trudy....46..pregnant with No. 6..and hooping! You Go Girl!


Today I'm working on making hula hoops just as my friend, Trudy from Sewing with Trudy, instructed me. What a woman! She so inspires me!! This summer..the heat is NOT going to keep me from exercising!

Jaime, you are such an inspiration to get moving and get serious about losing weight. Thanks! And Bee..thanks for being real and sharing your ups and downs. Together..I'm sure we can do this!  And Deb is such an inspiration too!
                                               Healthy Eating Tracker from the US Food Pyramid Site
(Suggested by Keelie)

Prayerfully..we will all get thin...together! :o)

How's your week going?
xo

4 comments:

  1. Ms. Trudy is absolutely gorgeous!!! I found her site thru you. Thanks again, for restarting Gettin' Thin Together, Ms. Donna...HOPE we can all be here to support each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will..Thanks Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna! It's Alana from PrairieHomeTherapy. Is this the blog you were refferring to--the one about weight loss you were trying to get together? It looks like you've done a fine job of bringing folks together for the journey!

    I've read through to your Dr. Seuss posts and I'm inspired to start drinking my water, writing down what I eat and excercising every day!

    And now I'm overwhelmed! I need ice cream.

    One thing. Just one thing is needed to begin.

    I think I'll start with my Leslie Sansone walking videos again. Is there some place I can go and publicly report I've done what I said I would? Is there a wall at face-book or something?

    Sorry for the novel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alana...I've added an 'update' linky party where you can either just leave a comment or link a post about how things are going. :o) Hope this helps. Or you could send me your email address and I'll send you an invitation and add you as a writer to our blog. This is a 'group' blog. We'd love to have you!

    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete