Saturday, June 4, 2011

It's been awhile....

A special thank you this morning to Ms. Donna for putting things back into perspective on our weight loss journey. With summer coming up, it's the perfect time and the worst time to lose weight. It's finally nice enough (if you ignore the heatwave we've been having) to get outside and do yard work, take walks, swim, lots and lots of opportunities to get exercise. On the flip side, with the busy summer schedule we tend to have a lot of "grab as you go" meals that are not necessarily conducive to weight loss.

In my Woman's World this week (June 6 Issue) there is a great article on Wash Away Fat. I have a hard time drinking one 8 oz glass of water a day, much less 8 of them. A new study at Vanderbilt shows that if you drink 4.5 oz of water 20 minutes before meals, it will shrink your appetite, which will aid in weight loss. I'm going to try this and see. That is just a juice glass full of water. Not as intimidating as a full glass.

They also talk about a tea that has 12 times more age-fighting antioxidants than orange juice. If you like tea, they suggest you try Celestial Seasonings Perfectly Pear White Tea.

I have also found that one of my weaknesses is second helpings or a snack after supper (a few cookies, a Little Debbie cake.). I'm starting a new policy. Once I sit down to eat, if I get out of my chair, that's it. I'm done. No seconds; no snacks. It's not because I'm still hungry. It's habit.

I'll keep you posted on how these two things go.

1 comment:

  1. Yea Bee!!! I think it helps so much to figure out your 'weak spots' and focus on them. I remember Keelie talking about that and I had to really reflect on when am I most likely to fail.

    Thanks for reminding me of that again. You are doing so great to tackle that snack attack scenario. :o)

    And yes, we should be drinking more water. I had forgotten how much that helps. I will try the tea.

    Keep up the good work!

    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete