Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Discovery

I read what Ms. Donna wrote on Monday and so much of it rang true with my own weight problem.  I have known for quite some time that I eat too much bread.  When I was younger, I followed after my Mom and ate very little bread....and was able to keep my weight down, even after having Jess (30 years ago).  I started gaining weight in the last 15 years and it's been up and down.  Yesterday, I took an on-line "survey" to determine some things that I might need to change....and guess what????  
I eat too much bread!!!  
Duh!!!!  
I had heard on Dr. Oz that if you're having trouble seeing the scales move it could be because you're eating too much of one thing (bread).  Also...according to the survey....if you eat too much bread/crackers....then it slows down your metabolism!!!  WOW!!  What an ah-ha moment for me!!!  

So...my dear friends on this journey with me....I am going to cut way back on my bread and incorporate more fruits and veggies.   Say a little prayer for me that this is just what I need to jump start my metabolism!!!  
I ate no bread yesterday....and guess what.....I survived!!!

Hope all of you are finding what works for you, too!!!

Blessings to each of  'ya!!

5 comments:

  1. Lions and tigers and no bread. Oh my! Guess I need to take a note on this. I thought, I don't eat a lot of bread. But oh yes I do. Buns, biscuits, toast, sandwiches, etc. Didn't realize it until this made me stop and think. Thanks for sharing. I would love a link to the survey you took. I love taking surveys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for you! I read from Diane Simontacchi that she knew of no faster way to lose weight than to simply cut out bread and wheat products. So many people actually develop allergies after 40 years or so. It sure had helped me! Good for you!

    I think milk and cheese was the biggie for me. I thought I couldn't live without it..but that should have set off alarm bells according to my nutritionist. If you can't live without it, you are probably allergic..hence the cravings.

    We'll be praying for you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek, you survived? Is it possible to survive a day without bread? LOL. Actually I did just manage to give bread up (before being forced to eat it on that pesky training course) and I fel far less bloated than usual. I'm now back weaning myself off it. I have no idea why bread would make such a difference as it's all calories at the end of the day, but I have noticed myself that if I eat bread I don't lose as much weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Louise...that's exactly what the little "survey" I took said and also Dr. Oz. He says that even if you're keeping your calories at the minimum for weight loss (in your case WW points)....and you're eating too much of a certain thing, it can be detrimental to weight loss...in my case...BREAD!!! I'm finding that I'm feeling much better since I'm laying off white flour products. I don't plan to completely cut out breads and sweets....I have to be realistic for myself and that's not an option for the rest of my life!!! I do know how you feel, but I bet you'll get the 3 lbs back off this week!!! I've missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missed you too Deb! Am trying hard for this week...it will come off I'm sure! Just need to lay off the bread ;)

    ReplyDelete