Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hello everyone!


Sweet Donna was kind enough to invite me to join you ladies :) Thank you Donna!

I have had a terrible battle with weight-loss since I was a young woman.  I did a lot of yo-yo dieting and was never quite able to reach the goal that I had set out for myself.

Then I was diagnosed with Diabetes, and my eating habits and my life has totally changed.  I have lost over 80lbs since my diagnosis, but I still have 30 lbs more to go.  You might say, I have hit a major rut! 

So ladies, You have no idea what an encouragement you are to me.  Just writing about it, I feel very strongly that being accountable works.  It keeps you motivated and focused on the goal that I know, with The Lord's help, I can achieve :) 

I don't have a set time for the weight-loss.  I am doing it simply and without stress.  Since stress is a no-no for someone with Diabetes, I try to avoid it at all cost.  I will be weighing-in on Wednesday with all of you and see how I do :)

Until next time...

Maria

2 comments:

  1. Welcome, Maria. So many of us here at Gettin' Thin Together are relying on the Lord to help us...one day at a time!!! Looking forward to getting to know you better and hearing tips on how you managed to loose EIGHTY POUNDS...that's AWESOME!!! Blessings to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, Thanks so much for joining us! You are an inspiration to us all!

    How amazing that you have already lost 80 pounds--fantastic! I'm sure we would all love to hear how you have gotten so far. What do you eat? We'd like to hear your story so much!

    We will be there for you in any way we can and will keep you in our prayers.

    Welcome to Gettin' Thin Together!

    ReplyDelete