Friday, May 14, 2010

Non Scale Victory

About 13 years ago I bought a stationary bike at a yard sale. It was an older version at the time, but it had a place to lay a book and that made it perfect for me. I really love to read, so I could do exercise and read at the same time.
Jump forward to January 2010...I watch the Biggest Loser EVERY WEEK. On the first episode for this season, the couples had to ride a marathon on exercise bikes (very different from my stationary bike). I thought I can do that...ride what would have been my 1/2 of the marathon (13.1 miles)...even though I hadn't been on the bike for months. I tried it then next morning. 30 minutes for only 3 miles. Easy math...at least an hour and a half for 13.1 miles. I was discouraged, but kept on toward my goal adding more distance every few weeks .
The biggest benefit from riding is that I really started studying my Bible.
I have been going back over some of my notes from Dr Liner's messages...this week is 7 goals for 2007. God met with me this morning and when I was done...I was at 12.5 miles only .7 miles away from my goal. Today God and I reached my goal of 13.1 miles in 42 minutes!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you!!! WOW!! What an amazing testimony that you're not only exercising physically....but also spiritually!!! Ain't God good? Oh, yes He is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. A great way to reach your goal and get a good blessing at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I'm so glad you are reaching a goal and getting fit at the same time! I've started exercising this week myself...and it isn't easy to be consistent!

    Thanks for the inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just "discovered" you blog. It IS encouraging! I lost a significant amount of weight in 2009. I have gotten a little careless in my eating habits and have gained a few pounds back. I'll be checking in for motivation and mutual accountability. I want to get back to 149#. (I've been avoiding the scale lately, so don't know how much I need to lose.)

    Like you, I need to lay off the bread again! I love it so much, but am in much better shape sticking with fruits & veggies. That's my plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations :)

    What an amazing encouragement for me...exercise is just not as exciting as it used to be when I was younger :(

    Keep up the good work,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete