Sunday, April 18, 2010

About Me


Hi folks, my name is Louise...and I'm a chocoholic chipaholic breadaholic foodaholic. Thanks for inviting me to the mega exclusive club to beat all mega exclusive clubs, I feel so honoured to be here in such wonderful company.  Please excuse my rubbish typing and frequent spelling mistakes British spelling...as long as I know what I mean, that's the important thing :)

Ok, so onto me, I have...ooooooh...about 100+ pounds to lose (ok more like 150...eek!) and I'm 2 weeks in to my healthy lifestyle. I've lost the grand sum of 2 pounds so far and I'm doing it with Weight Watchers. I've been successful-ish with WW before, having lost 80 pounds back in 2006. Unfortunately, after the death of 3 close relatives, moving house, writing a dissertation, finals exams at uni and getting a job, well all the weight went back on {insert sad face here}.

So why am I this size? Well I think I'm stuck in a vicious circle at the moment - I'm fat so I'm a couch potato and I'm a couch potato so I'm fat...you get the picture? Truth is I hate exercise (intensely) but I do love fruit and veg and basically most healthy foods. The problem is that I also like junk food, pop and biscuits *sigh*. I have sooooo many bad habits to kick that it's just not funny, but I've decided to try and kick them one bad habit at a time. So, 2 weeks ago I stopped drinking (or severely limited) the pop and for the last 2 weeks I've worked on making sure I cook a healthy nutritious meal at dinner time.

Making time to cook has been a BIG deal for me because, normally I am exhausted when I get home from work, so I have little energy for cooking. I work about 70 hours a week between the day job and the evening/weekend job but I've made more time for looking after myself by cutting back the amount of time that I spend making my graphics...which I still haven't come to terms with yet, but I know I have no choice. I need to take care of me for a change, I've neglected myself for way too long.

Ok well, I'll leave it there for now :)

6 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! I'm so happy you've joined us!! You know how much I love your sweet spirit and your generous heart....which is probably why you're overweight....you're heart is sooooo HUGE!!!
    Love you, Ms. Louise...and I know that you can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww bless you Deb that means so much to me :) I'm on day 15 today and all is well so far...will check up on the rest of you beautiful ladies this evening - i'm looking forward to gettng to know everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise! I'm so glad you joined us! You are on the right track for sure! One habit at a time. I just talked to a friend at church who lost 20lbs in the last couple of months just from stopping the Soda habit! I'm sure it will help you too. We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, Louise, you have the sweetest smile! Just remember, the Lord loves you whatever your size! It's where we are headed that's important...not that we haven't arrived yet. :o)

    ReplyDelete