Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fresh new idea

I just found a fresh new idea that I never thought about. Go out and buy yourself an inexpensive, but nice new article of clothing.....in one size smaller than what you wear.

Keep it hanging prominently in your closet where you will see it when you get clothes in and out. This should be an incentive to drop one dress size.

Just a thought. We all have our "if only's". Mine is that I always think, I would be so much happier about myself IF ONLY I could buy regular jeans that don't cut into my waist and make me look so huge. I've resigned myself to Mom Jeans. You know the ones with elastic waist and no back pockets. I would love just one more time to wear REAL jeans with a belt and a shirt tucked in. Right now, I'm too self-conscience to even attempt a tuck in.

7 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! I'd love to be able to wear normal jeans and normal clothes too.I'm soo fed up of only being able to get my clothes at one place and always being made to dress like a 50 year old or an 18 year old hooker. The one shop I can fit into (high street shop) sells stuff that is even too old for my mum's tastes or which is comeepletely inappropriate for anyone with an ounce of decency. My wardrobe suck at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you! Thank goodness, I sew, but even then it's hard to figure out what really works. Ouch...50 yr. old...that's only 3 years away for me! My daughter, 19, is making sure that I don't dress like a 50 yr. old even though I am heavier. But the jeans are definitely out dated. I don't know if I have the courage to buy something expensive to try to fit in to. Yipes! I guess the budget is just a little too tight over here. But it sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I used to be so petite that I could wear just about anything. Now when I buy those cute little baby doll style tops...I look pregnant. I can't afford anything expensive to just hang around. I think I'll just purchase one of those Walmart $5.00 tops that I love in a size smaller than normal for my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll just dig a smaller size out of my closet and hang it on the outside...I'm sure there's something in there that I can't fit into!! HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S....I wear zip up jeans even at my size. I actually think they make you look smaller. And, guess where I got mine...Lee Jeans...at Big Lots...for $10!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the idea Deb! I hate wearing those stretchy jeans. We have a new big lots and I'll buy some right away! And you are right, guaranteed I have at least one something that I can't get into right now but would like to. I'm gonna go exercise right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Jeans tip, Deb. I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete