Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Journey

Hey...Deb here...with a few thoughts about this journey we're taking together!!!

Exercise
The only exercise that I will be consistent with...is walking. I absolutely love to walk.  Sometimes, Pappy will tell me that he thinks I need to take a walk....because it helps improve me not only physically...but emotionally....and spiritually!!!  Often when I walk in the mornings, I spend part of the time praying....thinking about things going on in my own life and in my family...and church family.  When I meet up with my walking buddy, Ms. Evelyn....the time goes by much faster....and more often than not, our conversation will turn to the Lord!!!
In the winter-time, I don't do so well because I just cannot make myself work out looking at an exercise video....ARGH!!!


Late Night Eating
Another thing that helps me....is to not eat at night. 
I try to pick a certain time (around 7:30)....and not eat past that time....unless it's a piece of fruit, or something 100 calories, or less.
That seems to be when I want to eat the most!!
This might sound silly...but I really like to go to bed hungry....because then I know that I'm doing something right....and maybe my body is pulling some reserve fat from my belly...thighs....or, bottom!!!

Asking for the Lord's help
I should have listed this one first.  The post I did on feeling like I "deserve" to eat....that was a huge break-thru for me.  I didn't realize until Sunday afternoon that I was being so selfish by feeling that way...and I've claimed a  verse of scripture for my weight loss journey.....

Exodus 15:2 (NLT)
The Lord is my strength and my song; He has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise Him. My Father’s God, and I will exalt Him!

Like I said on my blog....I love the part that says He's already given me victory....all I have to do is claim it!!!

Weighing Every Day
I HATE to weigh myself (and I don't like the word HATE at all!!!)....but when I do it every day, one of 2 things will happen.  I'll rejoice in a few ounces....maybe even a pound lost....or I'll get so discouraged that I'll just give up. 
But....I'm determined to weigh every day!!!

Encouraging  Each Other
What I need is encouragement....the only one in my immediate family who will encourage me is Jess.  Pappy loves me just like I am....or so he says...but I know in my heart of hearts that he would love to have back the thin girl he married, and I would love to give that back to him!!! 

Weekly Weigh-In
One last thing....maybe we need to have a day each week that's our weekly weigh-in day....not to tell how much we weigh...but to at least show whether we've lost...or gained....or remained the same...so that we  can encourage each other!!!

Let me know you're thoughts!!!

Blessings to each of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment