Saturday, April 17, 2010

Time for a happy dance!!

On April 8th, I went to WV to visit my mother and took my four grandkids with me (ages 20 mos. to 11 years). All the family came to visit. That means we had 10 kids under the age of 12. It was wild. I lifted little ones, took walks, played games, helped cook and feed them all. We went shopping two days in a row.

It was so busy that I didn't have time to think about eating all the junk I normally eat. When I got home on the 11th, I had lost 3 pounds. It felt so good that I've been real careful with the junk food and cut out the second helpings this week and guess what...The 3 pounds are STILL gone. I've made myself watch it closely because I wanted to have something positive to report.

Keep in mind, I'm not suggesting you spent 4 days with 10 kids under 12 years old. That's a little too strenuous on a regular basis. But it just shows that once you get a few pounds off, it's a wonderful motivator.


I worked for a guy that taught us goal setting. One of the important things about goal setting is to start small and set realistic goals. So I lost 3 pounds in one week. My goal for the next week is to lose 2 more pounds. As much as I want it to be more than that, 2 pounds seems realistic.

If I can keep off the 3 and lose two more this coming week, I'm going to treat myself to two slices of sausage pizza next Saturday night as a reward.

4 comments:

  1. Ms. Brenda...weigh-in isn't until next Wednesday....and here you are showing us up already!!! Congrats...I'll probably gain the 3 you lost!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I'm hoping to report some more update by Wednesday. I was just so excited about the 3 pounds cause it's so hard for me to lose. I just couldn't "weight" to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos for You Bee! Great job! I'm so excited for you! Tomorrow I'm going to set up a McKLinky List for us to post our weight on, if you like. I will put it in the sidebar.

    I'm just trying to keep off the weight I lost this last week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Donna. I look forward to the McKlinky List.

    ReplyDelete