Wednesday, April 14, 2010

How About a Weekly Weigh In? Ooh...That's so Embarrassing!!


True Confessions
Ok, I guess if we are brave enough to blog about being overweight...why get embarrassed now? I was so inspired by Deb's post that I decided she was right..better go weigh..  Pooey! I didn't want to do that.

Little did I know that it would turn out to be good news! I must have been bloated the last time I weighed or something but I only weigh 183 today..sigh Only! (5ft 2in)  I'm way past the mile marker I said I'd never go past! But that's six pounds less than last week, so I'm not fussing. :o)

Exercise...Let's Try It!
Thanks Deb for the encouragment!  I was also inspired that I should start exercising from one of you..Bee? I've got to find a way to make walking on the machine more interesting...books on tape..something.

Food Journals Work!
And I have been keeping my food journal but it hasn't been easy! I keep forgetting to write things down.(Or not wanting too.)  But it's on my mind all the time. Even when I don't write something down--it definitely makes me feel accountable. I'm getting very consciously aware of what I eat now.I keep thinking how much I wouldn't want to tell everyone that I ate that. It helps!!  I thought how bad that bowl of ice cream was going to look on three days in a row and decided to switch to clementine oranges.


Weigh In Anyone?
What would you girls think about an official 'weigh in'. You wouldn't have to post your weight...just let us know you weighed. Wednesday seems like it might be a good day...we could call it Weigh In Wednesday--Ha! I think I'm going to hunt up a chart that I can add to our list of forms on the sidebar. I need one that I can tape to the fridge. I get motivated by charts though I'm sure not everyone does.



Thank You Ladies!!
I have to say that I really never intended to start trying to 'diet' again. I thought I could never motivate myself to get going again. But you have not only given me hope but inspiration too. I'm sort of getting going inspite of myself. The Lord is so good to bring you all along! What a blessing your are to me.

I'm really enjoying your posts so let me know how you are doing when you get a chance...

Have a great week!
Think I'll just give hubby and hug and skip the snack tonight!
Donna

2 comments:

  1. "Weigh In Wednesday" sounds good to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the thought of Weigh in Wednesday. And YES I love charts. Almost as much as I love lists.

    ReplyDelete