Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hey, it's Brenda (Bee). I love Debbie's idea of a weekly weigh in. A time to celebrate our successes. Even if it is just 1/2 pound. Like Debbie, I weigh myself daily (even though I hate to.) I have weigh in after my nightly shower. I think it's psychological. If I've bathed, I've washed off any of the days grit or grime that might add an ounce. :) Not that you get that dirty setting at a desk all day.

When I weigh in each night, I always hope to see a change. I realize that is not realistic thinking. So I'm content to weigh in and be happy if it hasn't went up a notch. When I lose even 1/2 pound, I have to do my little dance of joy.

Each step we take in this journey is a milestone to our overall success. Deb mentioned in her blog the other day that she has looked at food as her reward. We all play mind games with ourselves to condone what we do. As for me, I talk myself into things; giving myself approval.

I am 5'0" tall with a small frame and weigh 166 pounds. Some people say that's not too much weight. But at my height and frame size, it is. Not to mention how I feel about myself and how self-conscience I am. My ideal weight is 115 - 120.

When I weighed 125, I was happy about my looks and it didn't bother me. When I hit 130, that was okay too. When I inched up to 135, I got concerned but told myself. "That's okay. As long as I never go over 140, I'll be fine." When I hit 139 and saw 140 around the corner, I would say "Well, I am 50 now. These things happen. As long as I don't hit 150."

You guessed it, I hit 150. Then I told myself, "It's hormonal. As soon as menopause ends, I'll lose the weight. It is something I just can't control. But I'll never let myself weigh 160."

Well menopause has come and gone. The 150 flew out the window and here I set at 166 thinking "If I could just get back down to 162 or 163, I'd be satisfied."

Why should I just be satisfied? Where did the thin me go. I know I'll probably never see 125 again, but 139 would make me so happy (just can't face the 140's again).

Inside every woman is a skinny lady yelling "I need chocolate". If I could just shut her up, I'd do a lot better.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bee..wow is this a familiar story to me! I went through the whole milestone thing...and here I am. I love what you said at the end about the skinny lady..very funny and how true!

    I hate weighing in and I'm sure Deb is right. I went and weighed right away..and guess what! I had lost 6 pounds!! I guess weighing in isn't such a bad idea after all..Ha!

    I avoid the scale like the plague, but I think you guys are right...I just need to make myself do it. Another great accountability tool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete