Wednesday, April 21, 2010

No Lie....

.....my scales won't work!!!

Ladies....please don't think I'm tellin' a big fat lie!! 
I got on my scales to weigh this morning...and they would do nothing. 
I think it's probably just the  battery, so I'll get one today and see if that's the problem. 
But....I'm thinkin', too (I know I do way too much thinkin')....but maybe....just maybe....God doesn't want me to weigh every day.  I'm so serious.....I get very discouraged when I weigh every day if I don't see a change in the scales.  Maybe this is different for each of us...but I've always had a problem with this!!!
I was flipping thru the current Prevention magazine and there was an article about weighing.  One lady weighed herself several times during the day and kept track of what she ate/drank, and when she went to potty (a little TMI, I know)....but during the course of the day her weight fluctuated FIVE WHOLE POUNDS!!!

I've tried weighing every day....and it just serves to disappoint me...and I just think
"what's the use"....
....and I go back to a lot of my old eating habits....
(you know....being selfish and "treating" myself to something "sinful").
And...isn't it a bit odd (not really....it's not odd, it's God)....that delicious...calorie-filled....chocolate desserts....are called sinful. 
 How true that statement is!!!

Any-who.....I will weigh in as soon as I can get a battery for my scales.
I do know....that I've lost a grand total of 25-30 lbs since I quit work in 2006!!
I gained some back and have lost 10 lbs since the first of the year.

But as for the past week....don't know for sure!!!

Blessings to each of you.....Deb

3 comments:

  1. Too cute Deb! You are funny!! Yeah...I know...you had a big binge last night and BROKE the scale..come on..fess up!

    Just teasing! Actually, I'm the one who had an icecream bar.. Thanks for telling about the weight fluctuation. It happens to me all the time! That really encourages me. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're on to me, Ms. Donna!! HA! HA! It could be that I broke it!!! When I got on it all it would do was click...and it uses some crazy kind of battery that I hope I can find at Wally World!!! Don't tell anybody my little secret, though, okay? Plus...it's okay to have an ice cream bar...we can't deprive ourselves...we just can't go overboard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Deb, after watching that video on the website with the printables, I'm convinced that it's NOT Okay...but what I didn't know last night won't hurt me today..Ha! Well...at least I have a good direction to aim. :o) Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete