Thursday, April 15, 2010

Music - The Motivator

I have placed my favorite songs on my MP3 player. This has become my walking/exercising partner. I have placed an eclectic grouping. I have the Bill Gaither Trio, The Hinsons, The Singing Cookes. I also have my county favorites like George Strait, Kenny Chesney, Miranda Lambert. I pulled a few from the past like Aretha Franklin, Three Dog Night and so on.

I slip in the ear plugs and start walking and WOW. I am not a patient person and I found myself cutting my walks short because I would think of a zillion other things I should be doing. Now, I find myself visualizing the stories in the songs. I relax on the Beaches of Old Mexico. I ride around in a Pink Cadillac. I see myself shagging to Sixty Minute Man. And when Three Dog Night belts out Never Been to Spain or Jeremiah was a Bullfrog, my mind goes back to those long summer days of my teenage years when I was skinny. I can feel the fat melt away.

When you walk, don't forget to keep your shoulders back and suck in your gut. If you tighten your tummy muscles while walking it will help tighten them up. The best way to do it is to breathe out as you suck in. I had a friend who did this and it really helped her.

1 comment:

  1. I know my daughter and daughter-in-law do the same thing! I have an Ipod with my music so I guess I should try that. Very cute post! I love this!

    ReplyDelete