Monday, April 19, 2010

Making housework fun!

I just mopped the kitchen floor. As I was waiting for it too dry, I remembered something from my childhood.

As a mother of twins, it was hard for me to get a "streak free" shine on the floor because the twins always needed something from the kitchen the minute I was done mopping and waxing.

I turned it into a game. Instead of waiting for the floor to dry, I would put three old bath towels down and we would each stand on one. The object was to do the "twist" on your towel, while scooting around the floor. You simply stand on a towel and wiggle your waist and hips as you hold your feet firmly on the towel, working your way across the floor.

Believe me, it's quite a work-out. So this morning, instead of walking away from the floor to let it dry, I grabbed a towel and twisted the wet away. Who says house work has to be boring?

If you have any ideas on something else we can do to exercise while cleaning, please share it with us.

1 comment:

  1. LOL that sounds hilarious...shame none of my floors need waxing!

    As for ways to exercise while cleaning, well at my weight, cleaning IS the exercise...but I'll have a think :)

    ReplyDelete