Sunday, April 25, 2010

If only....

I have the "if only's today". I went through 4 different outfits before deciding what to wear to church this morning. One made me say "If only I had a smaller 'hiney' this wouldn't look so bad." Another made me say "If only my stomach was a little flatter, this would look better."

Then there was the one that said "Wow, if only I could lose about 20 pounds, I could actually breathe in this one."

I finally settled on black pants and a short sleeved turquoise top. I've always been told that black is slimming. Whoever started that rumor never walked into a Women's restroom that has a full length mirror on the end wall. Nothing worse than having confidence that you look half way decent for a change and having that image fly right out the window when you are standing at the sink and catching your full side view in that full length mirror.

I swear my belly and bottom are the same size. You hear of all these descriptions about body types. Hour glass figure, pear shaped, etc. Well I am here to tell you I have created a new body type. I am an S curve. My side view is just like an S. The belly sticks out in front like the top of the S and the butt sticks out in the back like the bottom of the S. Definitely an S curved body.

I wish Mumu's would come back in style.

3 comments:

  1. I actually laughed out loud when I read "my belly and bottom are the same size". You're crazy!!! I totally understand about not being able to find something to wear. I put on a dress this morning....which was tighter than I liked, but was gonna wear it anyway...until I saw how it showed my pillow (my belly)...so I opted for a skirt and top and outer sweater...covered up a lot of "sins"!!! And...I don't like that mirror hanging at the end of the bathroom at church, either. I try to turn my head when I go in there and head directly to a stall...wash my hands...and head back out without glancing to my right!! HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, you knew which mirror I was talking about. Isn't it awful! Of course, when we shed these extra pounds and get back where we want to be, we can stop inside the door and say "Man, I look awesome today." I know somewhere deep inside my fat layers is a skinny woman screaming "Let me out! Let me out!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get a chance to talk to you much tonight...but I really liked your turquoise!!! And, I loved your skirt...I'm a skirty person!!!

    ReplyDelete