Friday, April 30, 2010

Nearly time for the 1 month update!

Wow! I can't believe that this weekend will mark the one month anniversary of my diet healthier eating/healthier lifestyle. If you'd have asked me a month ago whether I would still be doing it now I think I might have said "probably not". You see I have spent about 4 years trying to get back on track...and failing miserably...very miserably in fact. I had honestly got to the point where I wondered what kind of future I would have...if at all. It was seriously very depressing. Now though I have something to look forward to...more energy...better quality of life...doing more with friends...not being embarrassed by my weight all the time...nicer clothes...a more "outdoorsy" lifestyle. You name it...I have it all to look forward to now and I feel soooo energised by that.

I have hung on my shelf a pair of cropped jeans which I bought last summer (intending to fit into) but they didn't fit...in fact they were nowhere near (a good size too small). My goal is to fit into them by the end of summer and this weekend I'm going to try them on and see how they feel. I've lost 9 pounds since I last tried them on and while I don't expect them to fit yet it would be nice to be able to feel some kind of difference. I'm also going to measure myself (monthly) so I'll update on that over the weekend. I'm going to finish sorting those clothes out at the weekend too.

Apologies that I haven't responded to anoyone's post this week - I can make posts from work, but can't view them..mine or anyone elses...not any more...not even on my lunch break :(

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, my precious friend!!! Hang in there...there will be good weeks and bad ones and ones that stay the same. We can't get discouraged and have to be there for each other. At least you're not waiting until you're old like me to get healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. :o) I honestly had given up hope of ever even trying to lose weight again. But thanks to this blog and everyone's posts..I feel inspired to at least try again.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete